Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tennessee Caviar Wraps

One of my coolest sneaky tricks in the kitchen is to cook some things in big batchs so I have leftovers on purpose. I plan on them, because I make a lot of my cooking time pull double duty. Any time I make chicken I cook extra - then I have emergencies dinner or after-school snack basics ready to go.

In this lightning fast sandwich wrap I pull leftover chicken and That Bean Stuff (see blog entry), fresh baby spinach and Whole Wheat Flatbread (blog entry!). All make ahead and easy to throw together in minutes. This one is a favorite when the ravenous hordes get out of school. And a nutrition powerhouse if I say so myself - calcium like crazy, great raw veggies, lean protein and whole grains - daggone. This one is Bombshell at its best.

For each Wrap - 
1/2 cup shredded chicken
1 Whole Wheat Flatbread
1/2 cup Tennessee Caviar, That Bean Stuff
1/4 cup fresh baby spinach

Layout spinach on wrap, top with Caviar, then chicken. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.


No comments: