Saturday, January 30, 2010

Egg Salad

I make lunch for my brothers and dad several times a week. My dad has finally learned to make requests - this one was one of his first. I hadn't even thought about egg salad in years - since my granny made it when I was little. It took a little tinkering - but this is very close to hers, if not an exact copy. This makes a very small batch - I think it's best when it's had an hour to chill, but no longer than a few hours old. If you pop this on toasted bread with a slice or two of bacon you'll be anybody's favorite.

4 lg 7 minute eggs (hard boiled), cooled and chopped
1/3 cup mayo
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup celery, minced
2 green onions, minced
pinch garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, minced
1/2 tsp salt
freshly cracked black pepper
dash hot sauce (optional)

  1. Stir together all ingredients except eggs until well blended.
  2. Add eggs and blend carefully - you don't want to break up the eggs too much or you'll have mush.
  3. Chill for an hour to let the flavors blend. Serve on toasted bread - whole wheat is nice. Garnish with chives, parsley - or bacon!

No comments: