Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sesame Noodles

So have I mentioned I have a thing for Asian foods? Maybe once or twice?

My kiddos do too - and I started playing with the notion of Asian fast foods. Many of them are incredibly fast - which I adore. I love cranking out something flavorful and healthy when they're trying to convince me they're going to starve within seconds.

This one is like the fried rice I rely on all the time as well - additions are simple. In this case I used a little egg, but all kinds of veggies work as well, as do other proteins or nuts. Think along the lines of Lo Mein or Chow Mein - and you'll see how adaptable this can be. So if you can't manage takeout (or don't want to bother with takeout!) - knock this out instead.

1 lb fettuccine, cooked
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp black or rice wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbl sesame oil
2 tsp olive oil

  1. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add egg to wok, and scramble until just barely set. Remove from heat, and break into small pieces. Set aside.
  2. Return wok to heat, and add garlic and ginger to wok. Immediately add noodles, soy sauce and vinegar.
  3. Toss all ingredients well to combine and stir fry for about two minutes. Return egg to the pan and stir fry another minute.
  4. Add sesame oil, and toss well to combine and heat through.

No comments: