Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grilled Potato Salad

This is one of those happy accidents that came out of a search to do something with leftovers. In this case I had potato wedges that I had grilled the night before. The result was a salad that was different, but still creamy and delicious. All four kids ate it, which is the highest accolades I can get for a dish. Not only that - but my pickiest picky eater, my five year old - asked for seconds. Yay potatos!

Ok - first - to grill the potatoes, just scrub them well, and cut them into wedges. Cook in simmering water for about 30 minutes - until for tender, but not falling apart. (I overcooked mine frankly). Drain them and let them cool and dry. When ready to grill, brush or toss them with oil, salt and pepper, and grill until crispy on all sides, about five minutes a side.

For the salad:
About two cups of leftover grilled potato wedges, cut into large pieces
1/2 cup minced onion
1 rib celery, chopped fine
1 Tbl juice from hamburger dills
1/4 cup hamburger dills, chopped fine
1/4 cup dijon
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 dash Worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

1. Whisk together all ingredients except potatoes in a mixing bowl.
2. Add potatoes, and toss gently to combine well.
3. Carefully adjust seasonings to taste, as the potatoes will have been salted, and the pickles and juice are salty as well. I added none.

No comments: