Thursday, August 2, 2012

Food City Kitchen On WVLT, Chef Walter and Jan Charles - Easy Ratatouill...

www.ThrillbillyGourmet.com Ratatouille takes advantage of the best of fresh summer vegetables, and in this version it's a snap to have a French classic - simply!
Ratatouille is an absolute classic - and for good reason! The freshest summer vegetables are usually simmered together with basil for a delectable French country treat.The first time I made this I literally picked everything out of my mother's garden and had this within an hour. Now I hit the farmer's market for my veggies, and I've since adapted my recipe to take advantage of the oven by roasting the vegetables. Eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes go on a baking sheet with olive oil. The result is a more flavorful, fresher tasting finished dish. Serve this with simple pasta for a quick, fresh, vegetarian man dish.

No comments: